Jeff Dilcher wrote:

> I am having a bit of trouble with the following instruction:
>
> According to the README.var-qmail:
>
> ---------------
>
> 4) Get the package qmail-1.03-102memphis.src.rpm from this directory.
>    This package does not contain the qmail sources; it contains a
>    tarball of the compiled qmail binaries and a spec file.

Did you read the README first?  I uset Midnight Commander to read
the documentation inside the .rpm and there are some instructions
related to creating some files and directories first.

I did just that and the rpm installed just fine here.  (RedHat 6.1)

> So I do it, and here is what I get:
>
> [root@cueva /root]# rpm --rebuild qmail-1.03-102memphis.src.rpm
> Installing qmail-1.03-102memphis.src.rpm
> Bad owner/group: /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/var-qmail-1.03.tar.gz

Anthony

Movielink Pty Ltd        E-Mail technical: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
8-10 River Street        E-Mail Sales    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Richmond, Victoria 3121  Ph  : +(61) 3 9428 8088
Australia                FAX : +(61) 3 9429 5918