From: Erich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:24:26 -0700 (PDT)

   I followed the instructions and got qmail installed fairly easily on
   my RedHat6.2 box.  It is the best MTA . . .

No arguments here.

   The problem is when I send email using emacs rmail.  It comes out
   without a domain.

I assume you mean your return address?  What is the value of the
user-mail-address emacs variable?  (How to find this?  Type
"user-mail-address " into the *scratch* buffer, then type "C-u C-x C-e",
and see what it inserts.)  If you don't like it, change it by putting

        (setq user-mail-address "[EMAIL PROTECTED]")

in your .emacs file (and type C-x C-e with the cursor after the ")" in
order to get it to happen immediately).

   I assume the problem is because I don't have a working /bin/mail of
   any kind.  I followed the instructions in REMOVE.binmail, and it said,
   chmod 0 /bin/mail, and then make sure that "mail" still invokes a
   usable mailer.  I can't find a usable mailer to replace it with.
   Should I just turn it back on, but not as a setuid program maybe?  But
   that would probably break local delivery.  What should I do?

If you haven't customized emacs mail, C-x m sends using sendmail
(/usr/lib/sendmail, I think), and not /bin/mail.  So, if you've
correctly installed the pseudo-sendmail wrapper for qmail-inject, it
should just work.  That said, I have a friend for whom C-x m never
worked after he installed qmail, and we never managed to figure out why
not.

   Thanks,

I'd be happy to help you, but this is really not a qmail question (or
even an rmail question), so further correspondence should be off-list.

                                        -- Bob Rogers