Yusuf Goolamabbas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> That is true, However I changed the forwarding to another system which
> doesn't do resolveable name checks and yet the messages are continuing
> to go the old system. (I changed /var/qmail/alias/.qmail-postmaster) and
> restarted qmail. Is this appropiate ?

You didn't actually need to restart qmail.  The problem that you're seeing
is probably just that previous messages are already in the queue and
qmail's already read the older .qmail file and figured out what addresses
to send them to.  It'll keep trying until they bounce, but all new
messages should now be going to the new machine.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>