On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:58:12 PDT, Susan Short wrote:

>I am a qmail newbie.
>
>I have qmail installed and working in our dmz behind one Cisco pix.
>
>Our network design requires that I forward all the mail currently coming
>into my dmz back to our inside secure network to host email02 behind another
>pix.  I have tried to set this up and am my mail appears to be going in a
>loop.
>
>My intention was for email01 in the dmz to receive all mail and send it back
>to email02 for storage. the MX record on the internet points to email01.
>There is no record on the internet for email02.

I had to do something similar at my office. Using your example, I configured email01
to forward all mail to it's smarthost:
email02. i did this by using the smarthost file in the controls/ dir on email01.

both machines were led to believe they were both hostX (locals, me, rcpthosts).
however, only email02 would have the
maildrops.

hope this helps.