I'm trying to set up a default forwarding address for virtual domains.  In
other words, if mail is sent to an address that doesn't specifically exist,
forward it to specified address.  I know that the plus (+) sign is wildcard,
and that the actual forwarding can be done in the .qmail file in the
specified Maildir, but I can't quite seem to fully understand how to do what
I want in users/assign.

Another way to say what I want to do is "if specified user does not exist,
then forward mail to specified address".

Or, if an incoming message is sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  First look for user
"joe".  If joe does not exist, forward to catchall address.

Or, "*@mydomain.com forwards to [EMAIL PROTECTED]".

I read up on the /alias functions, but it appeared that they are not for use
with virtual domains.

Here's a few guesses for what I should put into the users/assign file for
"mydomain.com"
+mydomain-com-*:popuser:500:250:/path-to-maildir:::
+mydomain-com-:popuser:500:250:/path-to-maildir:::
+mydomain-com:popuser:500:250:/path-to-maildir:::

Thanks in advance,

Peter Janett

New Media One Web Services
  ~Professional results with a personal touch~
      http://www.newmediaone.net
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      (303)828-9882