Hi All,

        I have an interesting question here...I have a system which has
2HD's in it, a 1.8GB and a 4GB both in drive caddies for quick removal.

        drive 1 /dev/hda1 has a fully bootable OpenLinux 2.3 system with
kernal mods to allow me to mess with software RAID stuff...

        drive 2 is completely bare at the moment, except for partitioning
with fdisk.

        Can OpenLinux 2.3 be installed to this 2nd HD w/o bothering the
first HD at all, using the normal LISA or LIZARD install process?

        The reason I ask all of this stuff is as follows:

        I have a single critical system in my office, the email server
running qmail+vpopmail, also does mrtg, and a few other do-dads...

        I back this system up every night, incremental backup mon-sat
morning at 1:05am local time, full backup on sunday morning at 1:05
which gets rid of previous incrementals.

        I store the tarballs which are made on my NT workstation's
drive D: (in D:\BACKUP)...(No tape drive available, and smbmount
works very well, btw).

        Now for rapid restore of email system, if I have a fully
loaded OpenLinux 2.3 system (full install) already done and waiting,
can I simply unpack the tarballs on to the new drive and keep everything
running as is, or am I missing something here...I can provide the script
I use for backing stuff up, if needed.

        What I want to know is if I am approaching this in the wrong way
or not...

-Bill