Ok.. When you make PHP, what was your config.status ?

I used something like:
        ./configure  --with-mysql --with-oracle=/oracle
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.9 --without-gd --enable-track-vars

This installs it as a module for Apache.

Then when you build apache you would do:

        ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs \
                --with-config-file-path=/etc/httpd \
                --activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a \
                --with-mysql \
                --with-pgsql \
                --with-xml \
                --with-gd \
                --with-imap \
                --with-zlib \
                --with-system-regex

This should make you all set.

Matt Soffen
        Web Intranet Developer
        http://www.iso-ne.com/
Boss    - "My boss says we need some eunuch programmers."
Dilbert - "I think he means UNIX and I already know UNIX."
Boss    - "Well, if the company nurse comes by, tell her I said
             never mind."
                                       - Dilbert -