On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 10:27:32AM -0400, Nat Fellows wrote:
> Hello. I just installed qmail, and I was going through and testing
> deliveries. Local to local works fine, but when I try to send mail out, I
> get this:

[snip]
> May  2 10:01:36 oldbd qmail: 957276096.473584 delivery 16: deferral:
> qmail-remote_crashed./
> ---
>
> And if I try to execute qmail-remote by hand, I get a seg. fault, no core
> dumped.

Are you using the bruceg rpms? I tried to patch my qmail with the
bind-interface patch and had the same result - qmail-remote crashed with
a seg fault.  I couldn't get to the bottom of it and in the end modified
the 'outgoingip-patch' from qmail.org for 1.03 and applied that as I
only wanted to make mail appear to be from my mail server ip.

In my case the core dump was in /var/qmail you may want to look there.

This was on bog standard RedHat 6.2.

regards
Andy
--
BoomerangDomains support - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
domain registration, email and web forwarding for just $25 a year