>> Right now I deny all .vbs attachments.  Yes, this is rather draconian and
>> there might be a 1 in 100,000,000,000,000 chance that someone really
needs
>> to send a .vbs attachment.  Those are the breaks...

>That was the point I was trying to get across yesterday...  It can be
>renamed and sent  through over and over so why not filter all .vbs
>attachments?  I tried to emphasize the point that non tech uses are killing
>us with their carelessness so we have to protect them from vbs scripts in
>order to protect ourselves.

>On the same note I carried it through to all exe files as well.  If they
>need to be sent by good users-  What's the big deal in changing the
>extension to .exx?  Bad guys will send an exe and hope it is run on double
>click while an exx.obviously won't till the end user changes the extension
>back to .exe.

Consider filtering the following as well:

*.reg           Regedit will inject its contents into your registry without any
warning if you open this file
*.hlp           Windose help files can contain auto-executing vb script
*.hta           html application, can contain vb script, javascript etc.(MSHTA.EXE
will run them when you click on them)
*.shs           shell automation code
*.vbs           vb script
*.chm           compiled HTML help file, also can contain vb script, javascript etc.

Most of these will never need to be sent or received by a user and all can
contain malicious code.  Any other suggestions?