Johan Almqvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 07:50:44PM +0200, Peter van Dijk wrote:
> > - too much qmail users mail from dialups to this list, so blocking dialups
> >   would not be a good thing.
>
> It's not very probable that they'd use list.cr.yp.to as their outgoing
> mail host, is it?

No, they use their own computer as the outgoing mailhost. Thus, their
outgoing mail originates from a dialup. It wouldn't get through at all
if list.cr.yp.to blocks email from dialups.

I for one send my mail directly from my laptop. I don't care about
religious objections that I shouldn't do that; it saves the annoyance
of re-aiming my outgoing mail at the smarthost of whatever connection
my laptop is using at the moment.

(BTW blocking DUL has not interfered with my own email in a couple of
years now. So despite the big talk of folks who use it, I continue to
send mail directly from my machine. DUL blocking only works because it
is a rarely-taken measure.)

Len.

--
That's security through obscurity. The more people know about it, the
more useless it is.