> Well, mail must come into the system in order for it to be collected,
> so perhaps qmail-analog - the qmail log analysis tool ?
>
> It's available from www.qmail.org and is written by the author himself.

We are using that for metering SMTP traffic.  However, there are three
traffic streams that IMHO should be watched:

o incoming SMTP traffic
o outgoing SMTP traffic
o POP traffic (message retrieval costs bandwidth)

qmailanalog handles the first two quite well.  I am having problems with
the third one.

I have a strong suspicision as of now, based on some casual snoop
output reviews, that POP traffic is consuming about 30% of the total
email bandwidth usage.  I would like to find a way to make this
metering more precise.

The -v flag of tcpserver prints error messages and status messages, not
sizes.

Regards,

Chin Fang
[EMAIL PROTECTED]