Bob Brown and I seem to have a similar problem with qmail.  I had
this working originally before I started working on vpopmail, but after
trying to help Bob out with his problem I found I now have the problem
as well.
I can't speak for Bob on this part but I know that I can send e-mail to
my account and I get the message and see the info in the log file
showing that.  If I try to e-mail an account on my system  qmail reports
it sent the mail but there is no mail to be found.  I have disabled
vpopmail, pop3 daemons, the only thing running currently is qmail and
qmail-smtpd.

To me it sounds like a problem with qmail local can't deliver mail that
is created locally because I can get mail from another account fine.
Here is something interesting someone could explain to me.  I found this
in my log it is a previous (before working on vpopmail) entry :

new msg 28803
info msg 28803: bytes 205 from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> qp 7636 uid 0
starting delivery 1: msg 28803 to local [EMAIL PROTECTED]
status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
delivery 1: success: did_1+0+0/
status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
end msg 28803

Here is what my log says now when I try to e-mail my self on the same
machine:

new msg 28807
info msg 28807: bytes 214 from <> qp 23995 uid 2850
starting delivery 3: msg 28807 to local @atlas.teoi.net
status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
delivery 4: success:
status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
end msg 28807

Notice the info msg line it says from <> uid 2850 (which on my system
uid 2850 is qmaild), on the log entry above that, that worked originally
the info msg line says <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uid 0 (root).

I have enabled vpopmail and tried to e-mail a virtual domain and the
same thing happened, re-disabled vpopmail and pop3d until this is
working.
Something is stripping the address out of locally created messages
because smtpd delivered messages work fine.
I am using Openbsd 2.6 and qmail 1.03

            Anyone have any suggestions?

            Thanks!
                Dale