Louis,

> It is the behavior documented in the man page, though I'm not really
> sure why it's written that way.

I am hoping Dr. Dan Bernstein could shed some lights on this issue.
No. I couldn't figure it out either.

> There's no obvious reason why both calls to strerr_warn1() shouldn't
> print, and it's hard to guess without more detailed information.  The
> relevant portion of a trace along with your run file and the uname -a
> of your system would be useful.

I will try again tomorrow. got interrupted in the afternoon by some
other things.  I am doing my development and testing on a SUN SS5 170
Mhz with 128 MB RAM running Solaris 7; uname -a yields:

SunOS mikey 5.7 Generic_106541-10 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5

GCC 2.95.2 is used for compilation.

[...]

> I just tried this, along with my own version of the patch you're
> writing, and things works as expected on my machine.  (Yes, this is
> extremely weak assurance. :)

I will test your version tomorrow on my development machine as well.

> The diffs to qmail-pop3d.c and qmail-popup.c are appended to this
> message.

[diffs saved].

I have some other ideas that I will implement once the logging to
multilog issue is resolved completely.  Thanks for the fruitful
exchanges so far.

Best Regards,

Chin Fang
[EMAIL PROTECTED]