> James:

> When I enter "/usr/local/sbin/qmail start" I get this error:
> multilog: fatal: unable to lock directory /var/log/qmail%smtp: access
> denied

qmail uses unix security features like out of the book.  qmails permission
setup is fine-grained.  if you follow the setup proposed concerning
auxiliary accounts like qmaill (logging), qmailq (queueing) and so on and
make the directory- and file-owner permissions like they are supposed to
be, you will have a very secure mail system.

--
clemens                                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]