Hello,

I am having problems using smtp-auth from an MS Outlook Express 5 client.
Namely I can do pop but I can't smtp-auth. I can also smtp.

My setup:
Server: Running Linux 2.2.12-20, Redhat 6.1
Qmail-1.03
tcpserver out of ucspi-tcp-0.88
supervise out of daemontools-0.70

SMTP-AUTH patch:
http://members.elysium.pl/brush/qmail-smtpd-auth/dist/qmail-smtpd-auth-0.23.tar.gz

Client: Windows 2000/Outlook Express 5

On the Unix side my qmail-smtpd command looks as follows:
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -p -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u $QMAILDUID -g
$NOFILESGID 0 smtp rblsmtpd /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /bin/checkpassword
/bin/true /bin/cmd5checkpw /bin/true

Here is the problem: I can do pop but I can't do smtp-auth.

The client comes back and keeps asking for the username and password combo
over and over again. Since I can do pop with the same username/password, I
don't think either checkpassword or the username/password has a problem.
Doing non-authenticated smtp works fine as well.

Also: What I am interested in doing is allow relaying from
smtp-authenticated clients and not allow relaying from anybody else. Any
pointers on how to do that?

Best regards,
Denise

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com