"Xionghui Chen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is real urgent:
>
> every time when I send mail via port 25, if the domain of the mail
> address is not belong in the file control/rcpthosts, it says: 553 sorry,
> that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

> do this mean that I have to put all my possible rcpt domains in the
> rcpthots file? i.e, i have to put yahoo.com in rcpthosts, or else I
> cannot send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No! (New qmail users often become scared about this; don't worry!)

The rcpthosts file is only for SMTP connections. SMTP connections are
usually for _incoming_ mail. So rcpthosts only lists allowed destinations
for _incoming_ mail. Usually, rcphosts will contain the domains listed
in control/locals as well as control/virtualdomains, and should all be
fully-qualified domain names.

But some of your software uses the SMTP port for _outgoing_ mail as well,
which is what made you ask your question. The answer is found at
<http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq/servers.html#authorized-relay>. The magic word
is RELAYCLIENT.

Hope this helps,
Len.

--
Do not confuse complexity with security.  It is a grave mistake.
                                        -- Bruce Schneier