I'm moving my lists to a new server, and I figure this is as good a time
as any to look for something better than Majordomo 1.94.  Here's what I
want:

-- automatic VERP bounce processing
-- plain and digest lists
-- multiple lists in multiple virtual domains
-- plays nicely with qmail
-- does somethinge reasonable with MIME, e.g., strip multipart/alternative
   down to plain text
-- web interface, at least enough so that the subscription confirmation
   can have a "click to confirm"

Majordomo gives me all but the last two (I hacked in the VERP stuff
myself)

Possible candidates I've looked at:

* Majordomo 2: looks swell but is in perpetual alpha, dunno about VERP

* Sympa: needs NLS library that I don't have on BSDI, unknown VERP
support, needs work to do virtual domains

* ezmlm: no digests, no web, no MIME

* SmartList: no digests, no web, no MIME

* GNU Mailman: looks superswell, but I'd rather not have to learn python

Any suggestions?

Regards,
John Levine, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Finger for PGP key, f'print = 3A 5B D0 3F D9 A0 6A A4  2D AC 1E 9E A6 36 A3 47