hi,

    I've just installed qmail in a new box and everytime qmail starts,
it greets me with the following msg:

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/qmail restart
Stopping qmail:  qmail qmail/log (already down) done.
Starting qmail:  qmail/log (will be started later) qmail done.

    and the same seems to happen with the other qmail modules: noone is
logging. My current log-handler is Syslog (just because I didn't touch a
thing from the standard qmail install), and Syslog seems to be running
fine (other services log just fine).

    now I've spent 2 hours of my sunday trying to find how to get
logging to run, even under Syslog, and I just couldn't find the way. Can
anybody point me to any obvious mistake I may be making?

martin