On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 10:42:21PM +0200, clemensF wrote:
> > Toens Bueker:
>
> > ./chkspawn
> > Oops. Your system's FD_SET() has a hidden limit of 1024 descriptors.
>
> does qmail really take up that many fd's at a time?

It needs 2 for every remote delivery, for example. One fd is passed by
qmail-rspawn to qmail-remote, being an open fd to the queue file, another
fd is needed for the connection to the remote host.

I figure local deliveries might need even more at times, but I may be wrong
here :)

Greetz, Peter.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Peter van Dijk [student:developer:madly in love]