I have to grow the system from a capability of 250K
msg/day up to as much as 2.5M/day. I have to add
virus detection, spam filters, and seperation for
an encryption trunk. I'm assuming as many as five boxes
in the cluster - I will have the baseline system
online while I do this and then use the baseline as
a backup when I switch over.

I'm using a home built K7/AMD system because it's half
the price of the of the shelf and I've built a couple
of dozen - and tested them - so far so good...

As far as the 250Kmsg/day estimate per/box - I'm not
sure what going to happen once I turn on the virus
detection and spam filtering. I'd like to test it
before I go online with it also...

>ummm... if you're only doing 250k external messages
>one box should suffice.

On 15 Jun [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
 : I'm setting up a large mail cluster and I'm trying to
 : hook up with other people who have done this. I need
 : advice on how to cluster boxes for about 250K external
 : msg/day. I'm using 750MHz AMD boxes I need an idea
 : how many I need - including a backup capability.
 : I've only done single server units before and I need
 : to find out if there are different firewall configurations that I should
examine...