[EMAIL PROTECTED] deleted from recipients.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 09:34:43AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I know, I know, posting to both lists? But, tinydns made this
> easy and qmail is the list in question, so...

> The reason I'm pointing this out is that I find it interesting
> that it indirectly exposes some domains which are likely to be
> subscribed to the list.

Nope, not necessarily domains but mailservers handling mail traffic for
users in domains subscribed to the list.
But nevertheless these mail servers are IMHO broken.

As ezmlm replaces the original Sender information with e.g.
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
the only domain that should get DNS queries on rcpt of the message
should be list.cr.yp.to to verify a valid bounce host and probably
the host serving the RDNS space of the mailserver sending out the list
mails.

Checking the content of the From: field for a valid address is IMHO
paranoid and even as a SPAM check it will have too many false positives ;-)

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet GmbH             |   http://www.Space.Net/   | Stress is when you wake
Research & Development    | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | up screaming and you