Hi all,

I run a local free pop server
and would like to insert a footer on the mail.

I have followed Dave's LWQ to the letter in my setup
and qmail works fine for about a year.

I tried to use the patch for inserting a footer in qmail
written by David Harris.

I have compiled qmail with the patch and it works OK,
but the perl script is not quite understood by me and gives errors.

>####begin####
>#!/usr/bin/perl
>use strict;
>if ( $ENV{'TCPLOCALIP'} eq "x.x.x.x" ) {
>    $ENV{'FOOTER'} = "\n--------------\n http://metta.lk \n";
>}
>exec @ARGV;
>die "exec failed"
>####end####

the command:
exec @ARGV;
does not execute,

Is "@ARGV;" some shortened form
that I should have known before I started all this ?
Kindly give me a helping hand.

>Toss the above little program in a file named something like
>"footer-add.pl"
>and then add it just before "qmail-smtpd" in your tcpserver or inetd.conf
>configuration.
> - David Harris

I am running Hedhat 6.0 and perl is installed and working.

Thanks
Jacob