Adam McKenna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a way to change defaultdelivery to always deliver the mail to
> another machine?
>
> I have a machine that I don't want users to have to ever read mail on..  I
> want users on this machine to be able to use the "mail" command locally to
> send mail, but I don't want them reading it on this machine, I want it to be
> automatically send to our mailhub.  (For example, the smtproutes "smarthost"
> configuration wouldn't work, because that would deliver to local users first,
> before sending out to another machine)
>
> Is there a way to do this in /var/qmail/rc?

Try using nullmailer instead, by Bruce Guenter.  It doesn't do local delivery
at all; it will only forward to a smarthost.  It's design and interface are
inspired by qmail, and it does use a queue for reliability if the smarthost
goes down or whatnot.

It's at:
http://www.em.ca/~bruceg/nullmailer/

Charles