HI, all!

I'm trying to install qmail for the first time on a backup server we have
running Linux redhat v5.2.  I have gone throught the LIFE WITH QMAIL manual,
which I find very useful, but when I try to start qmail I get the following
error on my screen, scrolling over and over:

supervise: fatal: unable to start qmail-smtpd/run: exec format error

Can someone give me a clue as to what is causing this error?

I am new to qmail, and my mastery of Linux is only nominal, so any help with
this matter would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

John Romero