John Gonzalez/netMDC admin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just curious as to wether this persons argument about qmail not complying
> with RFC 821 is correct or not? Anyone?

The author of that text doesn't actually specify what portions of RFC821
he belives that qmail violates, so it's difficult to tell what he's
referring to.  However, these types of things comes up regularly on this
list.  The general consensus (if I may be so bold) is that Dan's
interpretation or the fuzzy sections of RFC821 does not always comply
with others' interpretation of the same fuzzy sections, but it appears that
most people on this list believe Dan's approach is the most (pick one)
reliable, robust, secure, efficient.

As the author doesn't even spell "qmail" correctly, I think it would be
safe to assume his opinion isn't particularly well researched.

Charles