hello friends

  if i  chmod 644 Maildir (owned by user) then pop3 is not able to delete
messages it successfully download from "new"  (/home/user/maildir/new)
folder under Maildir so every time it downloads all the messages old + new
repeatdly , if i keep 777 maildir then it will delete the messages it after
downloading them so can you please suggest me

1> my mail message store would be  /HOME/USER/Maildir
2> user must be the owner of his home directory under which Maildir resides

3>  i also wanna display mailbox on web as well as wanna give pop3
services

4> so what file permission would be required  so that both of this work

thanks in advance
Prashant desai