Um, all of the rest of the scripts on the howto have the "exec" right where it
should be.  You copied the init.d script from the howto, how come you didn't
copy the rest?

BTW, that qmail script will only stop the actual service.  "supervise
qmail-*" will still show up in your process list.  If you want to shutdown
the service completely you will have to change the "svc -d" to "svc -dx".

--Adam