Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> If you use tcpserver (ucspi package), simply add the -p parameter to
> tcpserver command line.  This will force the "paranoid" mode and
> tcpserver will do a reverse DNS check.

This will force tcpserver to make sure the A and PTR records are a
match.  tcpserver does reverse lookups by default -- the -h and -H
switches control this.  In addition, setting -p only tells tcpserver
to set a particular environment variable if the connection is deemed
"paranoid."  You need another switch to actually get it to reject the
connection outright.  This wasn't what he was asking about.  He wants
to reject connections, if I understand his english properly, that come
from IP addresses that don't resolve to a name (reverse dns lookup).
I think that's a bad idea.

You didn't quote or attribute the message to which you were replying.
Tisk -- this is a mailing list, after all.  I'd be able to show better
that you answered without understanding exactly what he meant.

Aaron