On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 11:36:33AM -0400, Scott Gifford wrote:
> Wouldn't I have to delete most of the passwd file and the
> /var/qmail/alias directory in order for a .qmail-default to get looked
> at?

Ah yes, good point. Not so much delete them, but use qmail-users to override
getpwnam() (ie /etc/passwd) lookups.

> And do you know of any reason why these queue-mucking techniques:
>
> > > Can I just move them into the remote directory, then run the queue?
> > > Or tar up the queue directory, move it onto the new machine in a temp
> > > directory, run qmail-qfix, and then rename the files over into their
> > > new locations?
>
> would or wouldn't work?

No, but you can always build another instance of qmail and experiment with a
transfer and qmail-qfix there. You needn't actually start qmail to see if
the queue looks ok as qmail-qread will tell you that.

Regards.