On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 12:17:14PM +0000, george wrote:

> I bring this up for one BIG reasons: I read one of qmail's features was
> built-in looping control.  Apparently, I am doing something wrong with
> my QMAIL configuration.

Yup: You are forwarding postmaster mail. This is a guarantee for trouble
with any mail server.

> Or else it does allow looping, which can be really bad . . .

The messages do not loop. Each bounce generates a new message.

> Does anyone know how I can keep this loop from happening again?

Do not forward postmaster mail, or if you do then make sure that
the forwarding works.

Having said that: i prefer the second way, for ease of use.

Set $DATABYTES to somewhat change the behaviour: qmail-smtpd will
not accept the message, the sending server will generate a double-bounce
and then discard that ...

Regards, Uwe