John L. Fjellstad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I try to relay my mail to my ISP instead of trying to deliver mail
> myself.
>
> When I send mail through Eudora/Outlook, and send it directly to the ISP,
> I have no problems delivering the mail.
>
> When I set the smtproutes in qmail to the same ISP address, I get rejected
> because of illegal relay.
>
> Anyone know what might be going on? (This is a DSL connection, so both
> originator IPs should be the same).

What is your email address set to in Eudora?  Is that what is being used
for the envelope sender?  What is your qmail installation using for the
envelope sender?  is it possible your ISP is checking the envelope sender
and rejecting the relay if it isn't labelled as being from in their domain?

Try posting the exact error message the server gives you when it "rejects
because of illegal relay".

Charles