From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED][SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   05 July 2000 09:45
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        cannot authenticate

Hi there:

I'm not sure if this list is the right place, or I should post it to
vpopmail list.  But please help.
---
I'm new to qmail, but have installed it according to the INSTALL file, and
faq.  I also installed vpopmail.  Problem is when I tested the system the
delivery works fine.  All mails go to the right path in each virtual domain
Maildir.  But when I tried to pop in to get mail from a virtual domain that
I put in place, using outlook express, I couldn't authenticate.  The log
mesg says:

Jul  5 10:25:35 myhost in.qpopper[972]: webmaster%mydomain.com at
bkk7a-102.dial56k.cscoms.com (202.183.197.102): -ERR [AUTH] Password
supplied for "webmaster%mydomain.com" is incorrect.

The password is correct, but look like qpopper is doing the job, instead of
qmail or vpopmail.  I couldn't find the document on this, so any help would
be really appreciated.

Thanks
kittiwat