No wonder you can't find anything in your /Maildir/ .....
qmail is delivering to an mbox file called Mailbox
you should try:
* looking at $HOME/Mailbox with a MUA supporting mbox
* changing ./Mailbox to ./Maildir/ and creating the user's maildir with
  maildirmake

BTW: what do you mean with "there's nothing in the logs" ?
     If you followed INSTALL.* the logfile to look at is
     /var/log/maillog ....
    What does it contain ?
HTH,
 Steffan