kapil sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am running a qmail server under supervise. I don't know the differnce
>between running a server in supervise or through tcpserver.

"supervise" (from daemontools) watches/controls a process.
"tcpserver" (from ucspi-tcp) listens to a port and passes connections
to a daemon.

>Which one is best choice

You're essentially comparing a fruit with a wristwatch. Neither is
"better". The fruit is better at satisfying hunger, and the wristwatch
is better at keeping time.

>and what is the use of running smtp/pop3 service in
>supervise mode.

To allow the service to be monitored, manually started and stopped,
and automatically restarted, if necessary.

-Dave