Ihnen, David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 12 July 2000 at 11:38:51 -0700
 > I want to accept email either
 >
 > A. from a set of defined IP addresses
 >
 > or
 >
 > B. to a set of defined domains
 >
 > qmail-smtpd does not appear to have a function to filter based on source IP
 > address.  tcpserver does though.
 >
 > Thus, I think I should be able to do this by defining two IP addresses on
 > the system, and using separate tcpserver daemons to accept the mail.  (I
 > have control over the address particular types are delivered to)
 >
 > I know that I can use tcpserver's accept-from-IP functions for A.
 >
 > I know I can use rcpthosts for B.
 >
 > The problem is, I can't have messages accepted under criteria A be rejected
 > on criteria B.  It would be great if I could run this all on one system, but
 > qmail-smtpd does not appear to have a switch to turn off or on using the
 > rcpthosts from command line, or anything obvious to me at least.

The RELAYCLIENT environment variable in the cdb file tcpserver uses
will turn off the rcpthosts checking.

This is documented in great detail in the FAQ, life with qmail, and
nearly everywhere else; it's the basic qmail relay control mechanism.
rcpthosts defines the systems that you want to receive for, and then
RELAYCLIENT selectively enables relaying for source IPs you want to
allow it to.
--
Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon
Bookworms: http://ouroboros.demesne.com/ SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b