OH HOW I BOW DOWN TO THEE!!!
After scouring the qmail posts YOURS comes shining through.

Now I have a weird problem.  Why can I do an nslookup of
anydomain.com and get the ip, but when I ping anydomain.com i get
zilch. Now if I ping the IP of anydomain.com, I get something. What's
goin on around here? Any Ideas?

Again, thanks a million

Steven

At 07:32 PM 7/12/00 -0400, Tim Hunter wrote:
>the error CNAME_lookup_failed_temporarily._(#4.4.3) means that your machine
>cannot lookup the remote host.
>
>This does not mean that your qmail is misconfigured it does mean that your
>dns or the remote dns is misconfigured.
>
>I would doubt you are able to ping the MX for that host you are having
>problems with.

Steven M. Klass
Physical Design Engineering Manager