qmail Digest 14 Jul 2000 10:00:01 -0000 Issue 1062

Topics (messages 44682 through 44748):

Re: How to make the local address appears in FROM: rather than the  system user
address using qmail ???
        44682 by: JuanE

Help with 'config-fast'
        44683 by: Hart, Neil
        44708 by: Paul Jarc

Re: ucspi mailling list?
        44684 by: William E. Baxter

Re: CNAME_lookup_failed_temporarily._(#4.4.3)
        44685 by: Eric Fletcher
        44687 by: Tim Hunter
        44697 by: Steven M. Klass

Users all of a sudden have to download all email from server???
        44686 by: Dan Hill
        44688 by: Dave Sill
        44690 by: Anton Pirnat
        44699 by: Dan Hill
        44701 by: markd.bushwire.net

Re: A better Single-UID POP3 Howto?
        44689 by: Dave Kitabjian

Alex
        44691 by: Eric Fletcher

POP3 weird problem
        44692 by: pgracia.amira.es

batch unsubs and subs
        44693 by: Hand, Brian C.
        44704 by: Paul Jarc
        44709 by: Ronny Haryanto
        44711 by: Ronny Haryanto

perl switch
        44694 by: Jeff Jones
        44695 by: jca
        44696 by: Jeff Jones

Re: ucspi mailling list?-- I'm for it !!
        44698 by: John van V.

Re: tcprulescheck
        44700 by: Paul Jarc
        44732 by: Andrew Hill
        44736 by: Brian D. Winters
        44738 by: Andrew Hill

IMAP vs POP - small company < 50
        44702 by: Steven M. Klass
        44729 by: Paul Schinder
        44734 by: Karl Vogel

fails once qmail?
        44703 by: Ihnen, David

NEWBIE - im confused now... please enlighten me
        44705 by: ēééķ äģōųļ
        44707 by: "Próspero, Esteban"
        44710 by: Esteban Gutierrez-Moguel
        44720 by: ēééķ äģōųļ
        44724 by: Paul Jarc

Problems with SMTP Relay, Explicite routes and so on
        44706 by: Stoyan Dimov

Doh!!  Newbie dumb question!!  ucspi installed or not?
        44712 by: Steven M. Klass
        44713 by: Paul Jarc
        44726 by: John van V.

Help! Alias doesn't work!
        44714 by: Jochen E. Führing

Help! Qmail tells me "domain not found in rcphosts"
        44715 by: Jochen E. Führing
        44716 by: Paul Jarc
        44718 by: Jochen E. Führing
        44719 by: Paul Jarc
        44730 by: wolfgang zeikat
        44731 by: Paul Jarc

Re: a new kind of spam?
        44717 by: Mate Wierdl
        44743 by: Eric Cox

Alias Problem: Part 2
        44721 by: Jochen E. Führing
        44723 by: Paul Jarc
        44745 by: Jochen E. Führing

Vpopmail - Installation - questions
        44722 by: Steven M. Klass

linux, large todo, slow local and remote queue
        44725 by: tony.corp.quepasa.com

Re: ucspi w/ crypto.
        44727 by: John van V.

problem stopping qmail
        44728 by: Tony Campisi

OK, I've install vpopmail, where is DJB test.deliver test.recieve...
        44733 by: Steven M. Klass

Remote e-mail access. Help please.
        44735 by: Rogue Eagle

QMAILQUEUE Patch & qmail-qfilter & 451 qq internal bug (#4.3.0)
        44737 by: Eric Peters
        44740 by: Bruce Guenter

fetchmail woes contined...
        44739 by: Thomas Duterme

Announcing qmail-notify version 0.91
        44741 by: Bruce Guenter

Announcing qmail-autoresponder version 0.90
        44742 by: Bruce Guenter

Where can i find checkvpw program for vmailmgr?
        44744 by: Mitul Limbani
        44747 by: Olivier M.

rcphosts
        44746 by: Jochen E. Führing

vpop for activate smtp
        44748 by: Davide Giunchi

Administrivia:

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To bug my human owner, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you are using qmail-inject, just use do

qmail-inject -f mirza

and that should do it. Read the man pages for qmail-inject for more info.

JES

Lavender writes:

> Hi,
>
> When I added "export QMAILSUSER=mirza" then the change is only
> noticeable in /var/log/maillog stating that the sender is mirza instead of
> the system user account vmail.
>
> Did I miss anything ??? Or I understood U wrongly.
>
> Could U give an example of how to set this up for a large number of
> virtual users sharing only one system user acoount ???
>

> Thanks
>
> lavender
>

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Dave Sill wrote:
>
> > Lavender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > >When I sent mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], then the mail will be in Maildir-mirza.
> > >My problem is that when I replied, the addr in FROM: is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >instead of [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Is it possible to make [EMAIL PROTECTED] appears
> > >instead ???
> >
> > Sure. You can use anything whatsoever in the From field. Normally,
> > this is done by configuring your mailer to use the desired
> > address. With locally-injected mail (versus port 25-injected mail) you
> > can use various environment variables to override the mailer's
> > settings. See "man qmail-inject" or:
> >
> >   http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dsill/lwq.html#QMAILUSER
> >   http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dsill/lwq.html#QMAILHOST
> >
> > -Dave

Hi

I have a newbie question regarding setting up qmail.  The INSTALL.ctl file,
tells me...

You MUST tell qmail your hostname. Just run the config-fast script:

   # ./config-fast your.full.host.name

I plan to use qmail in a mail-server, using a dial-up ISP account and
feeding Windows PCs with their mail.  This Linux box, does not have an
address that would be known by a DNS.  Therefore, I am not sure what the
'full.host.name' is in my situation.  Does it mean 'localhost.localdomain'
or does it mean '10.0.0.1' (the IP address I've assigned to it)?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Neil

Hart, Neil writes:
> I plan to use qmail in a mail-server, using a dial-up ISP account and
> feeding Windows PCs with their mail.  This Linux box, does not have an
> address that would be known by a DNS.  Therefore, I am not sure what the
> 'full.host.name' is in my situation.  Does it mean 'localhost.localdomain'
> or does it mean '10.0.0.1' (the IP address I've assigned to it)?

It may be less confusing in this case to skip config-fast and set up
the control files yourself (which is all config-fast does).  Check out
the qmail-control man page to see where to find info about each file.
The ones config-fast sets up are control/{locals,rcpthosts} (affecting
all incoming mail), control/{defaultdomain,plusdomain} (affecting
locally incoming mail), and control/meme (used as a default for
several other files).  The first four should be fairly
straightforward; I'm not sure what would be best for you to put in
control/me.  You might just create all the other control files - that
way, control/me will never be consulted, and you'll make sure each
file contains something appropriate for its particular purpose.

paul

There is a mailing list for ucspi discussions.  Subscribe at

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards,
W.

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> At 03:19 PM 7/12/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >Can you give me a good place to start looking in DNS for a solution.  The
> >box running qmail is also the DNS box.  I am in charge of both of them,
> >although rather green in both too.  Anyway I am looking for a good place
> >to start.  I am on the bind list and have mailed out my named.conf  /
> >127.0.0 files and everyone says it's good to go.  I have applied the
> >patch, re-did the make setup check, and config-fast.  I still have CNAME
> >failures happening.  I really want to get this resolved, but I am quickly
> >becoming stumped.  Please help.
> >
> >Thanks
>
> Could it be the fact that my ip 216.160.204.35 resolves to
> jdsl35.phnx.uswest.net and when I did the config-fast andigilog.com it is
> confused.  But I want to receive mail for andigilog.com.  What am I doing
> wrong?  I haven't yet, but I will have the DNS server for andigilog.com
> (presently earthlink) change the MX to point to
> jdsl35.phnx.uswest.net.  Where and how can I resolve this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steven M. Klass
> Systems Administrator
>
> Andigilog Inc.
> 7404 W. Detroit Street, Suite 100
> Chandler, AZ 85226
> Ph: 602-940-6200 ext. 18
> Fax: 602-940-4255
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.andigilog.com/

Greetings,

DNS seems to stump more people than anything else, yet it's
quite simple....

First, forget cnames. They'll just get you in trouble. Think in terms of
machine name and mail exchanger (MX) records.

What's the name of the machine your mta is on. No matter what the original name
of that machine, you can declare it as mail.domain and assign it any address you
want (assuming the address belongs to you). If you are the authoritative DNS
host for andigilog.com, you can put records for andigilog.com in the zone file
and they'll be valid.
(If you don't like mail, use any name you like)

Along with declaring the address record for mail, you can use the MX record to
point to the location of the mta. Of course, the MX record pointing to a
specific domain can be used in any DNS zone file, not so for the A record.
IF you try to claim authority for a DNS zone and someone else really is, you
have created a "lame delegation"

If you are trying to receive mail for andigilog.com and there is no MX record
in the AUTHORATATIVE DNS zone file pointing to you, forget it. You will have
trouble receiving any mail for andigilog.com, if at all.

Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting.... I do a lot of DNS and I see so much wrong
information and nonunderstaning that it drives me up a tree.

If you have a DNS question, direct it to me personally. I'll give you the best
answer I'm capable of.

Regards,

Eric

--
Eric Fletcher - Data Center Support
Dialtone Internet - Extremely Fast Web Systems

is anydomain.com a single domain or absolutely anydomain?

try nslookup anydomain.com 198.6.1.1 (thats using uunet dnsserver)
and see if you get the same response.

you most likely are getting dns problems.

From: Jeff Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:21:36 -0500 (CDT)

>Hello everyone.  I am planning on switching one
>of my systems from sendmail to qmail.  I have
>many perl scripts that use sendmail and invoke
>it this way:
>
>       /usr/lib/sendmail -t
>
>Can anyone give me a heads up on the equivalent
>way to do this with qmail?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Jeff Jones

Thank you very much.

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, jca wrote:

> QMail has a replacement for sendmail.  Just softlink /usr/lib/sendmail to
>/var/qmail/bin/sendmail

> From: Jeff Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:21:36 -0500 (CDT)
>
> >Hello everyone.  I am planning on switching one
> >of my systems from sendmail to qmail.  I have
> >many perl scripts that use sendmail and invoke
> >it this way:
> >
> >     /usr/lib/sendmail -t
> >
> >Can anyone give me a heads up on the equivalent
> >way to do this with qmail?
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
> >
> >Jeff Jones

Hey, I seem to have a functioning GNU/Mailman :: Qmail server running.

I am very interested in getting tcpserver well tuned to create various data
servers in scripting languages esp perl but others as well (lisp ?? :)

I also have two different mail/cgi servers up and I am looking to offer a whole
slew of services, scheduler, personal data-mine, whatever else is out there in
the public domain.

http://puny.vm.com

=====
John van Vlaanderen

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Andrew Hill writes:
> "Brian D. Winters" wrote:
> > TCPREMOTEIP=203.34.190.170 tcprulescheck /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb
>
> Well, I don't know what parts you are carefully reading that indicate
> that you should use the above command, becuase to me, the page says to
> use the command:
>
>   tcprulescheck cdb

sh-compatible shells let you set environment variables for just a
single command by putting the assignments in front of the command.
Brian's using the same command as you, but using a different way of
setting the environment variable.  Hmm... have you tried setting all
three variables?

paul

"Brian D. Winters" wrote:
> heading does not constitute a careful reading. :)  If you bother to
> keep going, the paragraph explains that tcprulescheck uses the
> contents of the environment variables TCPREMOTEIP, TCPREMOTEHOST, and
> TCPREMOTEINFO to determine which entry in the cdb to return.  If all
> three are unset, you get the default rule back.  If you don't want the
> default rule, set one or more of them.

> Apparently your shell doesn't support that syntax.  (Maybe you use
> (t)csh?)  What you need to do is set the environment variable
> TCPREMOTEIP to the address you want to test, and then run
> "tcprulescheck /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb".  In (t)csh, the syntax is:
>
> setenv TCPREMOTEIP 203.34.190.170
> tcprulescheck /etc/tcpserver/tcp.smtp.cdb

Ah, okay. Sorry, I'm not very coherent with shells :-(

However, I've tried this in another way (export
TCPREMOTEIP=203.34.190.170), in a previous post.

Paul Jarc wrote:
> setting the environment variable.  Hmm... have you tried setting all
> three variables?

I have now:

  # export TCPREMOTEIP=203.34.190.170
  # echo $TCPREMOTEIP
  203.34.190.170
  # export TCPREMOTEHOST=fornax.net
  # echo $TCPREMOTEHOST
  fornax.net
  # export TCPREMOTEINFO=list
  # echo $TCPREMOTEINFO
  list
  # /usr/local/bin/tcprulescheck /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb
  default:
  allow connection

Did I get that right? I'm hope that's what $TCPREMOTEHOST and
$TCPREMOTEINFO should be.

Cheers,

--

Andrew Hill

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 08:58:50AM +0930, Andrew Hill wrote:
> I have now:
>
>   # export TCPREMOTEIP=203.34.190.170
>   # echo $TCPREMOTEIP
>   203.34.190.170
>   # export TCPREMOTEHOST=fornax.net
>   # echo $TCPREMOTEHOST
>   fornax.net
>   # export TCPREMOTEINFO=list
>   # echo $TCPREMOTEINFO
>   list
>   # /usr/local/bin/tcprulescheck /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb
>   default:
>   allow connection
>
> Did I get that right? I'm hope that's what $TCPREMOTEHOST and
> $TCPREMOTEINFO should be.

You appear to be running things correctly, but I can't say if that's
the right result.  Does /etc/tcp.smtp say that 203.34.190.170 should
be allowed to connect?  Does /etc/tcp.smtp contain any rules at all?
Have you recreated /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb since you added rules to
/etc/tcp.smtp?  If the answers are all yes, you should be in good
shape.

Brian

"Brian D. Winters" wrote:
> You appear to be running things correctly, but I can't say if that's
> the right result.  Does /etc/tcp.smtp say that 203.34.190.170 should
> be allowed to connect?  Does /etc/tcp.smtp contain any rules at all?
> Have you recreated /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb since you added rules to
> /etc/tcp.smtp?  If the answers are all yes, you should be in good
> shape.

Oh, *expletive*!

I had a typo in /etc/tcp.smtp. How did I miss that?

My sincerest apologies for wasting everyone's time, and thanks for your
help.

Cheers,

--

Andrew Hill

Hello all

        Sorry to tread on holy ground, but which is better.  Some company
info..  Only a few of us travel, most of us want to remotely log in, and
see if we have any mail.  Everyone accesses mail locally at work - obviously..

At 8:55 AM -0700 7/13/00, Steven M. Klass wrote:
>Hello all
>
>       Sorry to tread on holy ground, but which is better.  Some
>company info..  Only a few of us travel, most of us want to remotely
>log in, and see if we have any mail.  Everyone accesses mail locally
>at work - obviously..

They serve different purposes. and it's not an either/or proposition.
IMAP allows you to keep and manipulate the mail on the server, while
POP will always drag a copy to the client machine (although it might
also be set to "leave mail on server".).  Which you want depends on
circumstances. Reading mail using IMAP (like I'm doing right now) can
be a little slow over a slow link if you have it set up to not bring
the entire text of the message over until you need it.  But with
IMAP, you can control the same mail store from wherever you are.

IMAP is more flexible, and that's why I'm using it, but I still have
POP around for my Newton and my old Powerbook, for which IMAP clients
aren't available (or are technically available but don't work).

>Thanks
>
>Steven M. Klass
>Systems Administrator
>
>Andigilog Inc.
>7404 W. Detroit Street, Suite 100
>Chandler, AZ 85226
>Ph: 602-940-6200 ext. 18
>Fax: 602-940-4255
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>http://www.andigilog.com/

Paul J. Schinder
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Code 693
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>> On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:55:23 -0700,
>> "Steven M. Klass" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

S> Sorry to tread on holy ground, but which is better.

   This paper is the best summary I've seen:

     ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.vs.pop
     Message Access Paradigms and Protocols
     Terry Gray, Director, Networks & Distributed Computing
     University of Washington
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     Revised: 95.09.28

   The author argues strongly for IMAP.

--
Karl Vogel
ASC/YCOA, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433, USA

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.   --Samuel Adams

I have been configuring qmail on a number of servers.

Some hours after the initial bringup of the server, qmail-send exits
mysteriously, printing nothing to the log, but is no longer running.

Fortunately I have a monitoring script which sends e-mail through the boxes
to check whether they're up.  It notices this and sends me an alert.  I
restart the daemon, and I don't seem to have the problem again.  (at least
not in the weeks since they were brought up)

This has happened on all four of the servers in virtually the exact same
way...

Mysterious, indeed...

David

David Ihnen
Integration Engineer
myCIO
503-670-4018

Hello...
i have a RH6.2 system running with qmail...
this is what i want to do:
i want to be able do define users for the mail system without defining them for the RH system itself, meaning no entries in the /etc/passwd file..
i understood that there is a way to run qmail "chrooted" with another root dir.. is this recomended??
also, i dont want to have a directory for each mail user, just some files , or even one file... that gets cleaned up upon retrieval of messages. is this recomended and if so, how do i make it happen ? (:-))
another thing: i want to be able to connect to this mail system by pop3, but qmail doesnt come with pop3 module
what is the recomended pop3 daemon? (i know about qpopper and cucimail...)
do they work with the delivery of qmail?? and if so, how do i configure them?

thanks a lot in advance....
Haim Halpern
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

For adding users with only one entry in etc/passwds and with a web interface
for administration, go to www.inter7.com and check for vpopmail and
qmailadmin.

You can use qmail-pop3d that IS included in qmail distribution, as far as I
know.

Esteban Javier Próspero

> Hello...
> i have a RH6.2 system running with qmail...
> this is what i want to do:
> i want to be able do define users for the mail system without defining
> them for the RH system itself, meaning no entries in the /etc/passwd
> file..
> i understood that there is a way to run qmail "chrooted" with another root
> dir.. is this recomended??
> also, i dont want to have a directory for each mail user, just some files
> , or even one file... that gets cleaned up upon retrieval of messages. is
> this recomended and if so, how do i make it happen ? (:-))
> another thing: i want to be able to connect to this mail system by pop3,
> but qmail doesnt come with pop3 module
> what is the recomended pop3 daemon? (i know about qpopper and cucimail...)
> do they work with the delivery of qmail?? and if so, how do i configure
> them?
>
> thanks a lot in advance....
> Haim Halpern
>

> i understood that there is a way to run qmail "chrooted" with another root
> dir.. is this recomended??

chroot is an option, but I will suggest you to install the RPMS from
http://em.ca/~bruceg/rpms and also vmailmgr from www.vmailmgr.org

esteban.

well...
now im even more confused, here are two new progs for me...
im actually looking for a good source or explanation for installing a pop3
daemon safely and easly like qmail...
what about the qmail-pop3d?
what is it and how do i make it work?

> i understood that there is a way to run qmail "chrooted" with another root
> dir.. is this recomended??

chroot is an option, but I will suggest you to install the RPMS from
http://em.ca/~bruceg/rpms and also vmailmgr from www.vmailmgr.org

esteban.

> im actually looking for a good source or explanation for installing a pop3
> daemon safely and easly like qmail...
> what about the qmail-pop3d?
> what is it and how do i make it work?

See <URL:http://web.infoave.net/~dsill/lwq.html#pop-imap-servers>.
It's a good idea to consult "Life with qmail" before the mailing list;
you'll probably just end up there anyway.

paul

Hi all,

I am running RedHad 6.2 (linux 2.2.16-3) I have installed qmail 1.03.
I must set up mail relay server for domain AAA.COM. So far so good ...
BUT I need to forward some e-mail addresses (let say [EMAIL PROTECTED])
to another machine (BBB.COM). I did the following:
1. I used /var/qmail/control/smtproutes to relay AAA.COM to internal
mail server. But in this case I can not catch [EMAIL PROTECTED]!
2. I defined AAA.COM to be local (/var/qmail/control/locals). This way
I catched [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I am able to forward messages to
anywhere. Problem arised with rest of addresses. I defined in
~alias/.qmail-default following rules:
  I. | forward "$[EMAIL PROTECTED]" but BBB.COM does not accept this address
    (there is $[EMAIL PROTECTED] define on BBB.COM but not $[EMAIL PROTECTED])
    There are a hundred of users on BBB.COM so it is not seems to be
     easy to define aliases!
  II. | forward "<@MAIL.BBB.COM:$RECIPIENT>" ($RECIPIENT is
full              destination address of recipient) but I receive
messages like this:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at MAIL.AAA.COM.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

<<@MAIL.BBB.COM:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>:
Sorry, I couldn't find any host named AAA.COM>. (#5.1.2)

Does anybody know how can I set explicit route in address (and qmail
to understand it!) or anything else that solves the problem!

Any proposals will be highly appreciated!

SGD

P.S. Excuse my bad English! I am sorry about this!

Hey all

        I'm getting ready to press forward, and install vpopmail.  Now I know that
I have ucspi source files, but I don't know how to check to see if it's
installed..

Steven M. Klass writes:
> I'm getting ready to press forward, and install vpopmail.  Now I know that
> I have ucspi source files, but I don't know how to check to see if it's
> installed..

If you know you built it, and you still have the build directory, look
at conf-home to see where it would be installed.  Look for tcpserver
in `head -1 conf-home`/bin.  If you don't have a build directory,
check anywhere you think you might have installed it - /usr/local/bin,
/usr/bin, ....

paul

> If you know you built it,
Heck build it again, its easy enough !!

=====
John van Vlaanderen

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Hello!

Following problem: I have setup about 15 virtual domains,
every domain corresponding to a user:
stange.net:stange-stangenet
crowder.de:crowder-crowder

In ~crowder exists .qmail-crowder-jim:crowder with the content

&[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now I recieved the following message:

Date: 12 Jul 2000 13:47:38 -0000
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at pcsystems.de.

From: "Peter Stange" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jim Crowder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

---

What did I do wrong ?
I can't find the mistake!

Sincerly,

Nico

Hello!

If I try to mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED] to
another domain, like list.cr.yp.to, my qmail
refuses to take the mail with this message :
"domain not found in rcphosts"

I don't understand! pcsystems.de is in the rcphosts.
I can't put every domain in this file I want to mail to!
Help, please!

Sincerly,
Nico

Jochen E. Führing writes:
> If I try to mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED] to another domain, like
> list.cr.yp.to, my qmail refuses to take the mail with this message :
> "domain not found in rcphosts"
>
> I don't understand! pcsystems.de is in the rcphosts.  I can't put
> every domain in this file I want to mail to!

Nor should you - that would make you an open relay.  Look at
<URL:http://web.infoave.net/~dsill/lwq.html#relaying> and
<URL:http://www.palomine.net/qmail/selectiverelay.html>.

paul

Thanks for the hint, Paul.

But in fact, the domain where the mail is coming
from IS in rcphosts!

This is why I wonder!

Nico

Jochen E. Führing writes:
> But in fact, the domain where the mail is coming
> from IS in rcphosts!

That doesn't matter; rcpthosts is checked against where the mail is
*going*.  qmail will receive mail on behalf of whichever domains are
listed there.  So it's useless for controlling who you receive mail
*from*.

paul

Jochen E. Führing writes:
> But in fact, the domain where the mail is coming
> from IS in rcphosts!

 [EMAIL PROTECTED] connects to your qmail via SMTP
 with a mail for [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 now qmail checks rcpthosts to find out if whatever.com is a host it
 accepts mail for - for delivery. if yes, it delivers them according to
 your qmail setup.

 if not, it checks if the sender's IP address is a relayclient -

 if it is a relayclient, qmail forwards the mail to the Mail eXchanger for
 whatever.com

 if not, it sends the error "not in my rcpthosts".

 if whatever.com is your domain, you need to include it's IP numbers in
your /etc/tcp.smtp as RELAYCLIENT - an example could be:

127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
192.168.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
:allow

that would have to be adjusted to your IP numbers of course ...

wolfgang

wolfgang zeikat writes:
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED] connects to your qmail via SMTP
>  with a mail for [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>  now qmail checks rcpthosts to find out if whatever.com is a host it
>  accepts mail for - for delivery. if yes, it delivers them according to
>  your qmail setup.
>
>  if not, it checks if the sender's IP address is a relayclient -
>
>  if it is a relayclient, qmail forwards the mail to the Mail eXchanger for
>  whatever.com
>
>  if not, it sends the error "not in my rcpthosts".

Sort of... that's about the same logic function, but the process is
more like this: tcpserver accepts a connection.  It checks its rules
file to see whether to allow or deny the connection, and sets any
environment variables listed in the rules file.  tcpserver invokes
qmail-smtpd.  qmail-smtpd checks the environment for RELAYCLIENT.  If
that variable is set, its value is appended to the local part of the
destination address and the message is accepted.  Otherwise,
qmail-smtpd checks for the desination domain in rcpthosts: if it's
there, the message is accepted; if it's not, it isn't.

paul

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 01:28:17PM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> Mate Wierdl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I do run rblsmtpd with dul.  The IP (207.100.21.156) does not exist---this
> > is why I thought it is a dynamic IP.  How do I figure out which domain owns
> > it?
>
> As others have pointed out, the IP address does exist.  Two other gentlemen
> were kind enough to post the name of the ISP that owns it.  Have you tried
> reporting this to that ISP's abuse desk?

I meant to say I cannot ping the above IP.  Thx for the help.  I think my
main question was to find out if I can rely on qmail's identification of the
connecting IP.

Mate

Mate Wierdl wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 01:28:17PM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> > Mate Wierdl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I do run rblsmtpd with dul.  The IP (207.100.21.156) does not exist---this
> > > is why I thought it is a dynamic IP.  How do I figure out which domain owns
> > > it?
> >
> > As others have pointed out, the IP address does exist.  Two other gentlemen
> > were kind enough to post the name of the ISP that owns it.  Have you tried
> > reporting this to that ISP's abuse desk?
>
> I meant to say I cannot ping the above IP.  Thx for the help.  I think my
> main question was to find out if I can rely on qmail's identification of the
> connecting IP.

The IP is passed to qmail by your TCP/IP protocol stack.  To the exent
that is reliable, so is qmail.

P.s.  If you haven't already contacted the ISP, you should so
it soon - some ISPs don't keep logs very long, and if the log
for that day is gone, so is any hope of identifying the spammer.

Eric

Hello!

I just rechecked the alias Problem:
/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains says
stange.net:stange-stangenet

But even if I setup ~stange/.qmail-stangenet-default
I get this error:

---
Subject:
        failure notice
  Date:
        13 Jul 2000 19:10:10 -0000
  From:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    To:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at pcsystems.de.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

---

Anyone knows howto resolve that ?

Sincerly,
Nico

Nico

Jochen E. Führing writes:
> I just rechecked the alias Problem:
> /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains says
> stange.net:stange-stangenet
>
> But even if I setup ~stange/.qmail-stangenet-default
> I get this error:

qmail-send will not re-read virtualdomains until you send it a SIGHUP
or shut it down and restart it.  Did you do one of these?

paul

Paul Jarc wrote:

> Jochen E. Führing writes:
> > I just rechecked the alias Problem:
> > /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains says
> > stange.net:stange-stangenet
> >
> > But even if I setup ~stange/.qmail-stangenet-default
> > I get this error:
>
> qmail-send will not re-read virtualdomains until you send it a SIGHUP
> or shut it down and restart it.  Did you do one of these?
>
> paul

Sure, I restarted everything.
But it is not working right now!

Nico

Hey all

        I just started working with vpopmail and I am in need of answers.

1.  The install guide recommends that all domains be set up as virtual
domains.  In the qmail/control/locals file I have my domain already
defined.  How can I convert that to a virtual domain?  Should I?
2.  The option enable-default domain = mydomain   Does this mean it will be
a virtual domain.  The instructions aren't clear on this.
3.  The option enable-ucspi-dir   I installed this per qmail
instructions.  I was not aware that a compiled directory existed.  I
thought only tcpserver was placed in ../bin
4.  What is Option enable-apop.  What is apop?
5.  What happens to my existing default .qmail files for postmaster, etc.
6.  How can I map several names to one address.  With .qmail files it's
easy (I think).
7.  What tools are needed for vpopmail to work correctly.  I currently have
installed qmail, uscpi, and daemontools. Anything else.
8.  Should I install qmailadmin before or after vpopmail.
9.  At what point do I enable options ..  I am assuming the following
command will work?
        make --enable-roaming=y --enable-default-domain=andigilog.com

That's all and thanks a lot.

Steven M. Klass
Systems Administrator

Andigilog Inc.
7404 W. Detroit Street, Suite 100
Chandler, AZ 85226
Ph: 602-940-6200 ext. 18
Fax: 602-940-4255

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.andigilog.com/

Hi, after going throught the list archives (and finding many helpful
posts), I was unable to find a close enough match to solve this
problem.

I have a qmail complex behind a localdirector that solves a problem with
an email outsourcer (full detail below).

The box in question (eek.quepasa.com) is a uniproc Pentium II 350, single
IDE drive, 128Megs of ram with a late kernel built for allowing IP
aliasing and serial console:

        Linux version 2.2.15 (root@eek) (gcc version egcs-2.91.66
        19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)) #3 Tue May 30 11:16:40 MST
        2000

Qmail 1.3 details:
] big-todo patch applied
] conf-split is set to 83.
] installed to the letter of Lifewith Qmail
] there is a separate partition for /var/qmail, _not_ mounted sync. It is
~5gig, with 2gig free. The file system was created with 1:1 inodes to
blocks, block size 1024 bytes.

Problem, short version:

All inbound mail to .quepasa.com goes to one machine (eek.quepasa.com)
for sorting, and then is delivered somewhere else. We had a scheduled
newsletter go to our users (opt in only) of around 250,000 pieces of
mail. this was two nights ago.

after 2 days qmail-qstat shows:

messages in queue: 153944
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 38282

When I look at the log I am seeing a fraction of the utilization I expect:
typical:  2000-07-13 10:49:43.032796500 status: local 1/10 remote 2/120

I have checked the trigger file via "make check", it was ok, however I
did run "make setup", for good measure.

I read that there can be problems with file handles in Linux, checking
/proc/sys/fs/file-nr shows:
1785    1434    4096

If I understand the Linux doc correctly, this means I have not run
into a filehandle problem.

I have seen eek's remote delivery go as high as 6/120, this is usually
near startup of qmail. after about 50 sec. it drops down and runs at 0-2,
once in a while spiking to 6 ( < 4% of the time). Local typically runs
from 0-2. a qmail-tcpok, ALRM to qmail-send does not seem to increase the
delivery rate.

At this point i am delivering about 100 mail/min local and l00
mails/min remote.

I know this machine should be able to clear this queue in less than 3
hours.

Virtually all the delivers from eek go to another qmail box connected
at 100M, that box (pair.quepasa.com) shows no load, it's qmail-smtpd
connections corresponds with the remote connections on eek
(i.e. qmail-smptd is at 2-3/400).

I'm hoping for some ideas on other things to check.

=================== background on install =================
quepasa.com Email system:

NOTE: The reference to "foo.fake" below is a literal reference, I use
"foo.fake" for a strictly internal virtualhost/smtproute setup.

Principle problems (background for problem above only):

] we have outsourced our web customer email system, so
[EMAIL PROTECTED] is a customer, and has to be delivered to
criticalpath.net (cp.net).

] we have also propagated [EMAIL PROTECTED] as employees email
addresses, which should be delivered locally.

] when you out-source with cp.net they want you to point your domain MX
record at them:
        quepasa.com.     IN      MX 10 inbound.quepasa.com.criticalpath.net.

I was not willing to do that for several reasons:
        ] if cp is down, external email does not come through.
        ] I did not want to have to configure filters and forwards at
        cp.net so all employee mail did the right thing.
        ] as a business continuity measure, I wanted to control the
        mail flow. If we needed/wanted to change email providers, I
        can make the routing change in one qmail file.

] when delivering to cp.net the mail *MUST* be to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(cp's restriction not mine). I learned the hard way that:
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
will not work.

The solution is obvious, accept mail at a central box
(mailx.quepasa.com) for [EMAIL PROTECTED], if:

  a.] the mail user is an employee, send it along to a bastion host
  for delivery inside quepasa.com.

  b.] if not send it off to [EMAIL PROTECTED] at cp.net. (i.e. SMTP
  connect is to inbound.quepasa.com.criticalpath.net,
  RCPT To:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

The problem comes up at b. the mail has already been delivered to
quepasa.com, if you attempt a forward like.
        |forward $[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with a smtproute entry like:
        quepasa.com:inbound.quepasa.com.criticalpath.net
The smtproute never seems (???) to be consulted, and it fails as a looping
mail.

I tried fooling around with virtual domains and header rewriting, but
it came down to this, (AFAIK) a qmail machine that receives mail
addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED], will never again deliver it to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

That left me with one solution another instance of qmail. I did not
want to run it on the same machine, different port. I loaded another box.

Brief description of mail flow:

] mail for [EMAIL PROTECTED] comes in to mailx.quepasa.com,

if
  jane is an employee, deliver mail according to fastforward based
/etc/aliases rule.
else
  forward mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
done

There is a smtproute for foo.fake to pair.quepasa.com.

pair.quepasa.com accepts the mail for virtual domain foo.fake, then
forwards it [EMAIL PROTECTED] pair.quepasa.com had a smtproute that
sends all quepasa.com mail to inbound.quepasa.com.criticalpath.net.

Pair's entire function is to change mail that comes in as
[EMAIL PROTECTED], back to a clean quepasa.com address.

--
Tony Hansmann ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Director of Technical Services

> Actually it might even be easier to just convince the stunnel folks to add
> UCSPI compliance, especially if you tempted them with patches.

stunnel encrypts everything, where as often you only need to encrypt certain
parts of a message.  I wrote a data server in perl which had only certain
encrypted state/session and other auth strings but left the rest in clear text.
 Performance was pretty good.

=====
John van Vlaanderen

http://mail.yahoo.com/

hello,
I installed qmail according to LWQ . LWQ says,
To use tcpserver, add the following to your qmail startup script (not
inetd.conf):

    tcpserver -v -R 0 pop3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup FQDN \
        /bin/checkpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1 | \
        /var/qmail/bin/splogger pop3d &

where pop3 is the name of the POP3 service listed in /etc/services and FQDN
is the fully qualified domain name of the POP server you're setting up,
e.g., pop.example.net

So I added it to my /etc/rc.d/init.d/qmail file that I created

#!/bin/sh

PATH=/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
export PATH

# This line will add POP3d to our installation
tcpserver -v -R 0 pop3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup
mailperson2.cardinalservices.com
        /bin/checkpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1 | \
        /var/qmail/bin/splogger pop3d &

case "$1" in
  start)
    echo -n "Starting qmail: svscan"
    cd /var/qmail/supervise
    env - PATH="$PATH" svscan &
    echo $! > /var/run/svscan.pid
    echo "."
    ;;
  stop)
    echo -n "Stopping qmail: svscan"
    kill `cat /var/run/svscan.pid`
    echo -n " qmail"
    svc -dx /var/qmail/supervise/*
    echo -n " logging"
    svc -dx /var/qmail/supervise/*/log
    echo "."
    ;;
  stat)
    cd /var/qmail/supervise
    svstat * */log
    ;;
  doqueue|alrm)
    echo "Sending ALRM signal to qmail-send."
    svc -a /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-send
    ;;
  queue)
    qmail-qstat
    qmail-qread
    ;;
  reload|hup)
    echo "Sending HUP signal to qmail-send."
    svc -h /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-send
    ;;
  pause)
    echo "Pausing qmail-send"
    svc -p /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-send
    echo "Pausing qmail-smtpd"
    svc -p /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd
    ;;
  cont)
    echo "Continuing qmail-send"
    svc -c /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-send
    echo "Continuing qmail-smtpd"
    svc -c /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd
    ;;
  restart)
    echo "Restarting qmail:"
    echo "* Stopping qmail-smtpd."
    svc -d /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd
    echo "* Sending qmail-send SIGTERM and restarting."
    svc -t /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-send
    echo "* Restarting qmail-smtpd."
    svc -u /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd
    ;;
  cdb)
    tcprules /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /etc/tcp.smtp
    chmod 644 /etc/tcp.smtp*
    echo "Reloaded /etc/tcp.smtp."
    ;;
  help)
    cat <<HELP
   stop -- stops mail service (smtp connections refused, nothing goes out)
  start -- starts mail service (smtp connection accepted, mail can go out)
  pause -- temporarily stops mail service (connections accepted, nothing
leaves)
   cont -- continues paused mail service
   stat -- displays status of mail service
    cdb -- rebuild the tcpserver cdb file for smtp
restart -- stops and restarts smtp, sends qmail-send a TERM & restarts it
doqueue -- sends qmail-send ALRM, scheduling queued messages for delivery
 reload -- sends qmail-send HUP, rereading locals and virtualdomains
  queue -- shows status of queue
   alrm -- same as doqueue
    hup -- same as reload
HELP
    ;;
  *)
    echo "Usage: $0
{start|stop|restart|doqueue|reload|stat|pause|cont|cdb|queue|help}"
    exit 1
    ;;
esac

exit 0

And this is the output of ps waux | grep qmail right after bootup. (edited
for space)
qmaild   /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -p -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u 878 -g 602 0
smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
qmaill     /usr/local/bin/multilog t /var/log/qmail/smtpd
qmaill     /usr/local/bin/multilog t /var/log/qmail
qmailq   qmail-clean
qmailr   qmail-rspawn
qmails   qmail-send
root  tcpserver -v -R 0 pop3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup
mailperson2.cardinalservices.com /bin/che
ckpassword
root  /var/qmail/bin/splogger pop3d
root  supervise qmail-send
root  supervise qmail-smtpd
root  qmail-lspawn ./Maildir/
root  grep qmail

When I attempt to stop qmail by using /usr/local/sbin/qmail stop
It tells me
Stopping qmail: svscan qmail logging.
[root@**]# ps waux | grep qmail (edited for space)
root       tcpserver -v -R 0 pop3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup
mailperson2.cardinalservices.com /bin/checkpassword
root       /var/qmail/bin/splogger pop3d

My question is: Am I stopping qmail properly or does my startup script
contain errors? Thanks to everyones help I have gotten qmail running on my
test machine and I will begin installing it on our "real" mail server soon.
I can't figure out why these processes will not go away.

any help is appreciated,
tony.campisi

Does anyone know how I can test a vpopmail installation.  I know this may
probably be trivial, but I like DJB's instructions, especially since he
always allows provisions for testing..

Thanks
Steven M. Klass
Physical Design Engineering Manager

Andigilog Inc.
7404 W. Detroit Street, Suite 100
Chandler, AZ 85226
Ph: 602-940-6200 ext. 18
Fax: 602-940-4255

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.andigilog.com/

Hello,
  I've got a problem that I've been mulling over for
work.  We have an external (outside our firewall)
qmail server that simply relays e-mail through the
firewall(proxy & packet filtering) into an internal
mail server.  Nothing is queued on the external mail
server, it's just an incoming and outgoing relay.
   How could we allow users to connect to the internal
mail server to retrieve their e-mail?
We only want to allow the external mail server to
connect through the firewall to the internal mail
server so we can limit access through the firewall to
a single IP for better security.  That way an intruder
would first have to compromise the external mail
server before being allowed to access the internal one
through the firewall (I realize that's not perfect,
but every little bit helps)

Could we set up a web server on the external mail
server and have it forward it's requests through the
proxy to the internal mail server running sqwebmail?

Is there a way to have a pop3 server on the external
mail server that would forward requests to the
internal mail server?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for any help in advance!  I figure 100's of
heads are better than my one ;-)

Steve

P.S.  We would also want the entire session encrypted:
SSL if using the web server, stunnel for the pop3
option (or anything else that would work).

=====
---Someone told me that if you play a windoze NT CD backwards, it will play satanic
messages.
---That's NOTHING!! If you play it forwards, it will install windoze NT!!!!!

http://mail.yahoo.com/

First off it probably doesn't have anything at all to do with QMAILQUEUE

just laying the foundation down for the implementation

this seems to only be happening on some hosts and I can't figure out what
the uniqueness is

and the 451 qq internal bug doesn't tell me much when i look at the
qmail-smtpd.c file (where its found)

here is a session that causes the error

[root@ecamp /root]# telnet ecamp.net 25
Trying 168.100.187.53...
Connected to ecamp.net. Escape character is '^]'.
220 ecamp.net ESMTP
EHLO campchi.ecamp.net
250-ecamp.net
250-PIPELINING
250 8BITMIME
MAIL FROM:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 ok
RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
250 ok
DATA
354 go ahead
From: "dorine.perach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:16:20 GMT

Hi honey.  I like having two messages in my e-mail box.  I wrote out all
the checks for D'vrei Englit in Sept/Oct.  and Elan never handed them in
....of course we did figure that out... I hope she didn't think we were
trying to get away with something. What did you say to her?

blah blah................blahblah

Love, Me Write right back!
.
451 qq internal bug (#4.3.0)

AAACK!!!!!

I am lost

here is the setup for the qmail shit

the qmail-smtpd.cdb is populated based upon

168.100.206.150:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",QMAILQUEUE="/usr/local/bin/qmail-filterq"

and
/usr/local/bin/qmail-filterq:
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/bin/qmail-qfilter /usr/local/bin/log_sent

(the log_sent is the program I have that logs the data n stuff)

either way if i just have

/usr/local/bin/qmail-filterq:
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/bin/qmail-qfilter

(no parameters) the same error occurs

Any help would be a god blessing!

Thanks for your time,

Eric

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 07:13:29PM -0700, Eric Peters wrote:
> First off it probably doesn't have anything at all to do with QMAILQUEUE
> just laying the foundation down for the implementation
>
> the qmail-smtpd.cdb is populated based upon
> 168.100.206.150:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",QMAILQUEUE="/usr/local/bin/qmail-filterq"
>
> and
> /usr/local/bin/qmail-filterq:
> #!/bin/sh
> exec /usr/local/bin/qmail-qfilter /usr/local/bin/log_sent

What are the permissions on these files?  Make sure they are both
readable and executable by whatever user qmail-smtpd is running as.
--
Bruce Guenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://em.ca/~bruceg/

PGP signature

Hi folks,

I'm still a bit confused on how to use Fetchmail properly and hope
some of you can help.

We have a remote server which uses one cyrus imap account for the entire
company mail.  Joe, bob, and john all have @madeforchina.com accounts
which (unless have .qmail aliases) will go to the default which is
an imap account called 'temp'.  I'd like to fetch 'temp' down to a local
server and have mail sorted by user on local.

1) Fetch from the imap account called 'company'
2) fetchmail pops all mail to local which pipes it to local smtp
3) local SMTP uses default --smtpname (ie root@localhost)
4) qmail can't deliver to root@localhost and so all mail bounces

I've got a gut feeling I am missing something really obvious.  Basically,
I need smtpname to be set to the orginal rcpt of the message.

So, the idea is to change fetchmail source so that fetchmail will
use the original messages 'Delivered-To' header line for the local SMTP
transactions RCPT line.  This will ensure correct sorting of email on
localhost.

Using MDA doesn't solve the problem since it may lose mail if the
mail address doesn't exist (ie no bounced mails)  Also, with MDA
if I forward my existing webmail to the remote server and then fetch
mail back down to localhost, this forwarded mail gets lost.

Any help on the above would be appreciated.

Thomas

Version 0.91 of qmail-notify is now available at:
        http://em.ca/~bruceg/qmail-notify/

Development versions of qmail-notify are available via anonymous CVS.
Set your CVSROOT to ":pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/CVS",
login with an empty password, and check out the qmail-notify module.

PGP signature

Version 0.90 of qmail-autoresponder is now available at:
        http://em.ca/~bruceg/qmail-autoresponder/

Development versions of qmail-autoresponder are available via anonymous CVS.
Set your CVSROOT to ":pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/CVS",
login with an empty password, and check out the qmail-autoresponder module.

PGP signature

Hi guys,

Where can i find checkvpw the program needed for VmailMgr...

-Mitul Limbani
(mitul 2 mitul.com)

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 12:12:07PM -0700, Mitul Limbani wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Where can i find checkvpw the program needed for VmailMgr...

maybe in the vmailmgr package ? :)  www.vmailmgr.org

Olivier
 Olivier Mueller - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - PGPkeyID: 0E84D2EA - Switzerland

Hi!

Thanks to everyone for the infos about relaying!
No it runs perfectly, okay without aliases, but
the rest runs fine!

Nico

P.S.: Does anyone know, where I can find more infos about
virtualdomains + aliases ? I did everything found
in the faq @bernstein.

Hi all.
I'm using qmail and now i'm trying to allow the relay only to the people that first
check the pop3.
For this purpose i use vpopmail-4.8a (that allow to set up virual users too) but i'm
not able to start smptd with this options, here it's my startup file for qmail:

csh -cf '/var/qmail/rc &'
QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -H -R 0 pop-3 -v -p -c100 -u$QMAILUID \ -g$NOFILESGID 0 smtp
rblsmtpd /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd &
#/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -R -x/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c100 -u71 \
-g65534 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd &

The "#" was my previous startup line that work well, but with the new
line if i try to connect to the smtpd i get connection refused.

How can I start qmail with the vpopmail support?

Thanks.
Davide