On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 11:00:00AM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> Reflectors are something sendmail has. You can have system wide aliases
> that just deliver the message to more addresses. The alias can actually
> point to file. For these kinds of messages, the tests you are using
> won't see the mail as list mail.

So, in other words, a hard-coded mailing list, akin to having a .qmail
file containing:
        &address1
        &address2
        &address3

> If you don't mind not responding to bcc'd messages, checking for the
> recipient's address(es) in the headers is a very good way to detect
> mass mailings.

But doing that requires doing a full RFC822 compatible parse of all of
the dozen headers that might contain an address.  I've written such a
parser, and I'm not including it for this.
--
Bruce Guenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://em.ca/~bruceg/

PGP signature