I wrote one of these in python - it's rough and the only documentation
is the source.  I keep meaning to get back to it but, well, you know
how it is.

I threw together a simple web page for it at:
http://www.ericcox.com/projects/mailstat/

Eric

P.s.  I would love it if someone would modify it to read tai
timestamps, (i.e. splogger logs) looks like I'm not going to
get back to it for awhile.