On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 11:05:22AM +0200, Petr Novotny wrote:

> I must be missing something: I want to have an alternative aliases
> file to be used by a user controlling a few virtual domains.

Yup.

> I know how I would _use_ such a file:
> $cat ~user/.qmail-default
> |fastforward -d ./alternative-aliases.cdb
> $
>
> The question is: How do I _create_ such a file? According to the
> manpage, newaliases has /etc/aliases hardcoded in it. What's the
> alternative? (Except, of course, creating the file as /etc/aliases.cdb
> and then moving it somewhere; I don't want to give that used write
> permissions into /etc, obviously.)

setforward is the real major program in fastforward.  newaliases is just
a wrapper that preserves some <shudder> sendmail compatibility.

man setforward

--
Ben Beuchler                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MAILER-DAEMON                                         (612)-321-9290 x101