"Devinder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I have added | preline procmail in my ~user/.qmail file
>When the the new mail arrives procmail is spawned and the mail is processed
>and sento the appropriate folder
>However everyone who has logged into the machine get a warning..
>*******
>ourserv procmail[21174]: Couldn't rename bogus "/var/spool/mail/anand" into
>"/var/spool/mail/BOGUS.Y5eB"
>*******
>Now why is this happening.. As i can make out this is a typical sendmail
>response to a ln in /var/spool/mail/user.. How do i disable this .. We are
>using procmail v3.11pre7.

No, this has nothing to do with sendmail. It's a procmail thing. I
think it has something to do with locking, but I'm not
sure. Personally, I don't believe in the "links in /var/spool/mail"
thing. Better to convince the mailer to look for the mailbox where it
really lives.

But if you really want to fix this problem, contact a procmail expert.

-Dave