On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 07:00:04AM -0500, Jay J wrote:
! Long story short -- qmail wrote to the pipe just fine but justifiably
! barfs at the end. (Uhh, stat call or something?)

I think the mailfile() function in qmail-local.c calls fsync() at the
end. If my man page is right, fsync() works only on regular files.

The failure can be attributable to other reasons, but I find the above
to be the most likely explanation.

! Is that crazy? Suggestions? (Other than "Pentium II's are cheap") :-)

Forking is cheap. :-)

        ---Chris K.
--
 Chris, the Young One |_ but what's a dropped message between friends?
  Auckland, New Zealand |_ this is UDP, not TCP after all ;) ---John H.