Enrique Vadillo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 21 July 2000 at 22:21:38 -0500
 > Is there a config somewhere so i can decrease identd timeout to something
 > less than 30 seconds? my qmail server is attempting to connect to identd
 > ports of every remote host that opens a port 25 connection to it, and
 > frequently these hosts are behind firewalls blocking identd ports (tcp/113).
 >
 > I can of course change the source code: (line 46 of tcp-env.c):
 >
 > timeout = 30;
 >
 > ZMailer has a 3/4 secs timeout, which i believe is acceptable,
 > why in hell would qmail need a 30 sec (or so) identd timeout?
 >
 > Anyone willing to explain?

man tcpserver :

       -r     (Default.)   Attempt  to  obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from
              the remote host.

       -R     Do not attempt to  obtain  TCPREMOTEINFO  from  the
              remote host.

       -ttimeout
              Give  up  on  the  TCPREMOTEINFO connection attempt
              after timeout seconds. Default: 26.
--
Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon
Bookworms: http://ouroboros.demesne.com/ SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b