On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 05:49:51PM +0200, Olivier M. wrote:
> Again a security problem with outlook : look at the announce
> on securityfocus:
>
> http://www.securityfocus.com/vdb/bottom.html?section=solution&vid=1481
>
> Well, these filters are quite simple : but how could I setup such a workaround
> on my old qmail server ? What about a /var/qmail/regexpreject ?  What do you
> think ? Could be a feature for a qmail 1.04... :)

Check out qmail-qfilter, and write a filter that looks for date lines
longer than 80 characters while copying the message.  Reject any message
that contains them.  In Perl (untested):

perl -p 'exit 31 if /^Date: .{80,}/oi'

And I didn't even need to patch qmail :-)  (although qmail-qfilter works
best used with the rather trivial QMAILQUEUE patch).
--
Bruce Guenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://em.ca/~bruceg/

PGP signature