Ruchir Chandra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I have Virtual domains and locals running on my qmail server. For the
>domains hosted in locals, any incoming mail to a wrongly spelled ID gets
>bounced immediately to the sender.

Right.

>In case of domains under virtualdomains file the incoming mail for the
>wrongly spelled user doesn't bounce back,

Then you must have a catch-all .qmail file for the virtual
domain. What do you have in control/virtualdomains, what .qmail files
to you have for the domain, and what do they contain?

>instead the qmail takes it as an
>remote user and put it to Relay mail server. Since that domain is hosted
>from the same qmail server the mail comes back, this happens 25 times and
>then a error message is posted too many hops and then the mail bounce back.

Copies of log entries or a complete copy of one of the bounce messages
would be instrumental in analyzing this problem.

-Dave