Luis Bezerra writes:
 > Why DNS?
 >
 > For two years, qmail works very well.
 >
 > This problem appear when my back bone goes down and my router
 > doesn't have the international routes. It has the domestic routes, but
 > nothing out of Brazil.

Do you have a root domain name server in Brazil?  If not, then you
won't be able to determine the name server for .br.  If these types of
outages are common, you should establish some Brazil-wide root domian
name servers, and use them as the roots instead of the
Internic-published ones.  A root server only has a few hundred zones
in it, and can be served by just about any ordinary desktop-class PC.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Tornadoes, earthquakes,