I have a sendmail server up already. It's the host for our domain name, so all
mail to that domain goes to it.
To have it forward the mail to the qmail box, shouldn't I just have to change
the MX records to point to the new host with a lower priority number?

eg:

was
sattel.com.            IN MX 10 wutang.sattel.net.

now:
sattel.com.             IN MX 0 mail.sattel.com.
sattel.com.            IN MX 10 wutang.sattel.net.

Except that wutang is not forwarding the mail to mail.sattel.com.

I know this may be a sendmail issue, but what else do I need to change to get
wutang to forward the mail?

TIA, Bruce.