Hi,

occasionally, one has to answer one's own questions:

At 10:15 30.5.2000 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Hallo,
>
>a QMAIL user reported problems with the IPv6 stack and QMAIL 1.03:
>
>System:
>- LINUX SUSE 6.4 (Kernel 2.2.15 and glibc 2.1.3)
>- IPv6 enabled
>- xinetd with IPv6 options (call to tcp-env and qmail-smtpd)
>- QMAIL 1.03 with my SPAMCONTROL patch
>
>Symptom:
>- TCPREMOTE does not return correct IPv4 address
>
>Affected QMAIL routines:
>- tcpenv.c
>- dns.c
>
>Both routines use <netinet/in.h> function "ntohs" which returns the IPv4
mapped IPv6 address (ff:IPv4).

>Thus, it seems that we have to modify dns.c and tcp-env.c (and other
routines from tcpserver) to cope with IPv4 mapped IPv6 addresses.

>After disabling the IPv6 option, everything works as expected.
>
>cheers.
>eh.

There is a patch for QMAIL available, allowing it to cope with IPv6 addresses:

http://www.rcac.tdi.co.jp/fujiwara/

Does anybody know about/applied this ???

cheers.
eh.
|  fff        hh         http://www.fehcom.de        Dr. Erwin Hoffmann |
| ff          hh                                                        |
| ff    eee   hhhh      ccc   ooo    mm mm  mm       Wiener Weg 8       |
| fff  ee ee  hh  hh   cc   oo   oo  mmm  mm  mm     50858 Koeln        |
| ff  ee eee  hh  hh  cc   oo     oo mm   mm  mm                        |
| ff  eee     hh  hh   cc   oo   oo  mm   mm  mm     Tel 0221 484 4923  |
| ff   eeee   hh  hh    ccc   ooo    mm   mm  mm     Fax 0221 484 4924  |