On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 03:30:34PM -0700, Jon Rust wrote:
!    host:~{503} $ telnet mail.vcnet.com 25
!    Trying 209.239.239.15...
!    Connected to mail.vcnet.com.
!    Escape character is '^]'.
!    220 rblsmtpd.local
!    Connection closed by foreign host.

I presume that the connection didn't get closed immediately. I know
that rblsmtpd closes the connection after 60 seconds. If you issue
SMTP commands, they will all result in error messages (if you need
a quick SMTP reference, see http://cr.yp.to/smtp.html).

Hey, vcnet.com, aren't they those cool people hosting the boycott
Microsoft site? :-)

        ---Chris K.
--
 Chris, the Young One |_ Never brag about how your machines haven't been
  Auckland, New Zealand |_ hacked, or your code hasn't been broken. It's