Ronny Haryanto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 2 August 2000 at 09:35:52 -0500
 > On 02-Aug-2000, Dave Sill wrote:
 > > I don't think it's quite as secure as qmail
 >
 > Would you care to shed some light on why you don't think so? Not to
 > ignite flames but for informational purposes. I use both qmail and
 > postfix and it is very interesting to understand not just the
 > strengths, but also the weaknesses of both.

The Postfix code is significantly larger, so if the bug rate per line
is the same, there are more bugs present.

It's less partitioned than qmail -- qmail partitions its functions
among the 7 UIDs so that the extent of damage possible of one program
is insecure is quite limited.

However, as a recently-written piece of software, designed with
security in mind, and written by somebody who is good at security,
postfix should be quite safe, as such things go.
--
Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/ Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon
Bookworms: http://ouroboros.demesne.com/ SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b